Meet the Board Members and Staff at The Alyssa House! Together, we have energy and passion to make a difference in the lives of children suffering from medical crisis.
We welcome you to join our Alyssa House Community!
- Ryan Jacoby, Board Chair, has 20 years of nonprofit leadership experience and provides business consulting to area nonprofits in human capital management, organizational development, and strategic planning. Ryan is a former neighbor and close friend of the Divers family…Click to Read More
- Lynn Divers, Treasurer & Alyssa’s Mom, brings her experiences as a public speaker and Development Director to the team. Lynn is also Alyssa’s Mommy. Lynn cherishes time with her surviving daughter, Alyssa’s sister, Lexie. Love for dance still fills much of their free time.
- Jeff Divers, Board Chair & Alyssa’s Dad, is a bilingual editor and translator. American born, but raised in Argentina, he is fluent in Spanish and intimately familiar with the cultures of Latin America. Jeff has experienced first hand the divisive pressures of caring for his family during Alyssa’s illness while working full time…Click to Read More
- Lexie Divers, Director of Children’s Hospitality & Alyssa’s sister, is a self proclaimed fangirl, gaming nerd, avid reader, dancer, and fundraiser for pediatric cancer research. Lexie’s passion for The Alyssa House comes from her own time as a scared sibling during Alyssa’s treatment. Lexie is determined to help siblings and families find a bit more comfort during their stay at The Alyssa House.
- Sarah Cooper, Secretary, is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and currently is employed with Region Ten Community Services Board. Sarah has worked with children and their families for over 20 years, and has vast experience working with non-profits. Sarah’s oldest child was one of Alyssa’s first playmates, making involvement in The Alyssa House a labor of love…Click to Read More
- Julia Davis, Administrator, is a proud University of Mary Washington graduate with a background in communications, journalism, and photography. She became involved in Alyssa’s story as a fellow dancer at Wilson School of dance, and became inspired by her strength. In her free time she enjoys traveling, hiking, knitting socks, and spending time with her hound dog, Addie.
- Holly Duke, Board Member, is the Director of Leadership and Engagement with Ron Brown Scholar Program. She attends Sojourners United Church of Christ
where she first met Alyssa and her family in 2010. Alyssa’s exultant spirit and fierce perseverance is an inspiration to Holly, as it is to everyone touched by the life of this remarkable girl…Click to Read More
- Barbara Stevens, Board Member, recently retired from a 40 year career in the healthcare technology industry, has a BA in Social Work and has always had a passion for involvement in community service. Barb is our newest member of The Alyssa House board, as well as a neighbor of the The Alyssa House. Barb enjoys her time with family, travel, gardening, skiing and as much time as possible in the sun and surf at the beach